YOUR PRIVACY: We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take to keep your data secure and the uses we make of it. We also explain the options you have regarding your personal data. When you request or accept receipt of services from us, access our websites, utilize our mobile “apps” or otherwise interact with us, for example, but without limitation, through our in-vehicle or in-equipment technology, our official corporate pages on third party social networks (such as Twitter) or the “apps” on those pages, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section. You can quickly review the key topics by reading the following overview or you may continue to scroll down to read more about an issue or to read the full policy.
Legal Issues: We aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the personal data we collect and use.
Changes: We may change this policy from time to time. The policy was last updated on June 10, 2014.
What We Collect: We collect the personal data we need to provide the services you request or accept receipt of from us, for our operational uses (see below) or for such other purposes as you authorize.
Sources: We mostly collect your data directly from you, your employer or other third party who authorizes your use of a vehicle or equipment, through various channels, and from companies involved in our provision of services to you.
Storage: We generally retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe appropriate for the purposes for which it was collected.
Security: We aim to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data.
Access: You may access and review the personal data we retain about you and correct any factual errors.
Operational Uses: By providing your personal data to us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your data for the operational purposes listed in this policy.
Marketing Uses: We may use your personal data for our marketing purposes. We may also share your data with our parent company, affiliates and business partners for their marketing purposes. You can choose to restrict these uses by following the instructions in this policy.
CONTACT US: We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection and use of your personal data. If it does not, or if you have any questions, please contact us by following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take in our efforts to keep your data secure and the uses we make of it. We also explain the options you have in relation to your personal data.
When you request or accept receipt of services from us, operate a vehicle or equipment with in-vehicle or in-equipment technology, access our websites, utilize our mobile “apps” or otherwise interact with us, for example, but without limitation, through our official corporate pages on third party social networks (such as Twitter) or the “apps” on those pages, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section.
This policy covers the personal data we collect about you in connection with our fleet leasing and fleet management businesses, including integrated financing and asset management solutions, which identifies you as an individual. It does not address data that does not personally identify you as an individual, for example, but without limitation, aggregated anonymous data, IP addresses, computer operating systems, personal preferences, vehicle identification numbers, etc. We are free to use data that does not identify you as an individual as we wish. This policy does not apply to data collected by third party social networks (such as Twitter), mobile device manufacturers, third party “mobile apps”, wireless service providers, internet service providers or the operators of any networks through which you may interact with us and we expressly disclaim any responsibility for the data collection, privacy or data security practices of those entities. With regard to pages on third party social networks, this policy only applies to personal data we collect through our pages (those with a direct link to this policy) and does not apply to any “unofficial” pages or pages of our affiliates. Our websites are not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly obtain personal data from such individuals.
Who We Are
More about parent company and subsidiaries …
Subsidiaries: These companies are owned by Donlen Corporation and are covered by this policy. The expressions “we”, “us” and “our” apply to them.
Parent Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates: These companies either control us (through ownership) or are controlled by the companies that control us. They cover a range of businesses but are generally not involved in provision of our services to you.
We do business in the United States and in other jurisdictions and aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the personal data we collect and use.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do so, the amended policy will take effect when we post it on the applicable website(s), mobile “apps” or our third party social network page(s). Whenever we make a change, we will amend the “last updated” notice under the “Scope” heading in the “Overview” section above.
If any change makes the policy less protective of your personal data, such change will not apply to data we collected about you before the change was made. The only exception to this is, unless legally prohibited, where we have provided you with notice about the changes and given you the opportunity to tell us not to apply them to your personal data.
We collect a range of data about you from a variety of sources for the purposes of our businesses. The examples we provide here are illustrative rather than a complete list of our practices.
What We Collect
We collect the personal data and the non-personal data we need to provide the services you request or accept receipt from us and for our operational uses in connection with such services, which may include:
- Name, address and contact details, including telephone and/or mobile number, and email;
- Date of birth and driver’s license number;
- Employer(s) or business(es) name and address;
- Location data such as geographic location of electronic devices used to contact us or to access our mobile “apps” or of the vehicle or equipment leased;
- Information regarding the vehicle or equipment leased and its operation during that lease;
- Leasing charges incurred and other information relating to leases;
- Information transmitted by your computer’s browser software;
- Credit card information; and
- Driving records.
We may collect certain personal data that constitutes sensitive data in some countries, such as data about health conditions. Depending upon applicable local law, we may be unable to process such sensitive data without your consent.
More about sensitive data…
Data about your health conditions is regarded as sensitive in many countries. If we need to lease, acquire or maintain a vehicle or equipment with special needs for your use, you or your employer or other third party who authorizes your use of a vehicle or equipment may have provided us information about your health conditions in order for us to provide appropriate services for you. Please note that if you wish to utilize our services and need to provide sensitive data, you consent to that data being collected, used, retained and disclosed for our Operational Uses. We will not use sensitive data about you for marketing purposes.
We collect personal data directly from you, your employer or other third party who authorizes your use of a vehicle or equipment in connection with our fleet leasing and fleet management services, including integrated financing and asset management; when you contact us to purchase of a vehicle from us; and when you contact us to purchase a vehicle upgrade, including information you, your employer or other third party who authorizes your use of a vehicle or equipment provide as follows:
- When you call our customer contact center;
- On our websites;
- On our mobile “apps”;
- On our official third party social network pages;
- Through your computer’s web browser;
- Through our in-vehicle or in-equipment technology or through other telematic devices;
- When you, your employer or other third party orders a vehicle or equipment for your use or takes delivery of a vehicle or equipment;
- When you complete a vehicle purchase agreement; and
- When you purchase a vehicle upgrade.
We also gather personal data about you from a variety of other sources, including other companies that have business relationships with us, such as our affiliates and business partners.
Certain technologies may be used on our websites and on mobile devices to collect data about your visit or usage as follows:
A “cookie” is a set of data sent to your computer or mobile device by a web server that enables the server to recognize your computer or mobile device.
Cookies help improve the quality of your visits to websites. The information the cookies provide helps in the development of content and features that may be of interest to you.
More about cookies…
By adjusting your browser or installing certain software, you can restrict our use of session cookies. If you do this, you will not be able to use our websites or certain features of our e-mail messages. You should be aware that session cookies are generally deleted or made unavailable to us as soon as you close your browser.
If you are still unsure about cookies, please note that our cookies are unable to retrieve other data from your computer’s hard drive or pass on computer viruses.
As the internet and other ecommerce channels continue to develop, we may deploy and utilize different types of technologies to collect data regarding your visit or usage.
Blogs or Message Boards
Other Company Websites
We try to ensure that the personal data we retain about you is stored securely and, in light of the information provided to us, is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use it.
We generally retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe appropriate for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Our principal databases for storing the personal data we collect are located in Illinois, U.S.A.
As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet or wireless networks all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted.
We take reasonable measures to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal data by aiming to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data, including:
- Restricting access to personal data to our employees on a “need to know” basis;
- Enforcing policies and procedures for our employees in their handling of personal data; and
- Using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, such as SSL encryption for the data you provide on our FleetWeb website (https://fleetweb.donlen.com) and on our Donlen Driver website (https://www.donlendriver.com).
If you have reason to believe that any account with us is no longer secure, you must immediately contact us by following the instructions at the end of this policy.
More about SSL encryption…
“SSL” stands for Secure Sockets Layer encryption. We use this protection when you submit personal data to us on our websites. SSL encryption seeks to ensure that you are actually sending your data to Donlen and that no-one else can read or tamper with it during transmission.
When you visit our FleetWeb website (https:// fleetweb.donlen.com) or our Donlen Driver website (https://www.donlendriver.com), you will see that our “website address reads “https”. The additional “s” denotes that the site is secure for data transfer. You may also see a closed padlock symbol on your screen, again denoting a secure site.
Security of Communications
We try to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. As a result, we may sometimes use a method of communication that is less secure than a less convenient alternative.
For example, but not in limitation, we will send you an e-mail or a text message in unencrypted form (i.e. instantly readable) because many of our customers are unable to access encrypted (i.e. coded) e-mail or messages. This means that our message, if misrouted or intercepted, could be read more easily than encrypted messages. For this reason, please do not include confidential information, such as your credit card or driver’s license number, in any e-mail or text you send to us or on any posting you make to a public area of a third party social network page, especially since any such posting immediately becomes public.
You may access and review your personal data, change it and correct factual errors as follows:
- If the personal information you previously provided to us on any of our websites changes or is incorrect, you can update or correct such information by contacting us at email@example.com or via the other contact information provided in the Contact Us section below.
- If you are an authorized FleetWeb user, you may update your personal data by clicking online support on the logon page of https://fleetweb.donlen.com or by logging onto your FleetWeb account.
- If you are a Donlen Driver user, you may update your personal data by contacting us by clicking on the contact us link on any page of https://www.donlendriver.com.
- If your interest is broader than your personal data you have provided to us, or you wish us to delete certain of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the other contact information provided in the Contact Us section below.
To protect your privacy and the security of your personal data, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to the data we store about you.
Certain types of personal data may need to be updated with the third party social network through which you may interact with us, rather than directly with us.
Your personal data will not be used in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it was collected or as authorized by you. In that regard, by contacting us via www.donlen.com or utilizing fleetweb.donlen.com or donlendriver.com, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal data for various uses, including the operational uses listed below. We may also use your data for marketing purposes unless you choose to restrict such use by following the instructions in the Marketing Options section below.
The examples provided below are illustrative and not a complete list of our practices:
To provide you services
We will share your personal data among our employees, our agents, our service providers, other companies and governmental agencies to provide services to you, including:
- Fleet leasing services;
- Fleet management services;
- For customer satisfaction and market research purposes to help us improve our services;
- To provide you with customer assistance;
- To order and/or deliver a vehicle that was ordered by you, your employer or other third party who authorizes your use of a vehicle or equipment;
- To process your vehicle upgrade transaction; or
- To process your vehicle purchase transaction, including the processing of your vehicle’s title and registration.
To communicate with you
We may use your personal data to communicate with you regarding:
- Fleet leasing services;
- Fleet management services; or
- Fleet administration services.
So that we may communicate with you, you give us your consent to call you on or send text messages to your mobile telephone/device. You also consent to our use of auto-dialers and pre-recorded messages in connection with any such telephone call or text message, including calls or texts to mobile telephone numbers. We will not charge you for such calls or texts. Your mobile service provider will charge you according to the applicable plan to which you subscribe.
Disclosure to companies you use
We will also share your information with companies you use in connection with your fleet leasing and/or management services, including:
- Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges;
- Your employer or other third party who authorizes your use of a vehicle or equipment; or
- Any company or organization that is providing a service in connection with your fleet leasing and/or management services.
Protective and legal uses
We may use, share and disclose your personal data for legal reasons as we believe necessary or appropriate, including:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including claims or demands for bodily injury or property damage;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to recover our vehicles, equipment or any monies due, such as through debt collection agencies;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our subsidiaries;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our subsidiaries, you or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Disclosure to our service providers and agents
We may use other companies as our service providers or agents to act on our behalf and assist us in the conduct of our business, performing services for us under our instruction. These services may include hosting certain websites or databases, operating “apps” for us on our social media networks’ pages, running contests, sweepstakes and other promotions for us, sending marketing communications, carrying out data analyses and conducting customer satisfaction surveys or other research. We will seek to require our service providers and agents to maintain appropriate security standards to protect your personal data and use the personal data we provide to them only for the purposes we specify.
Disclosure for corporate transactions
We may disclose your personal data to a third party in connection with any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may aggregate your personal data and use it to develop marketing programs and service offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. We would like to send these to you by email, by text message or by mail. We would also like to share your personal data with our parent company, affiliates and business partners for their marketing purposes. You have choices in relation to our marketing uses of your personal data, based upon the residence for you in our records, as follows:
We may use your personal data for the above marketing purposes, although you can choose to limit or restrict our mailings and our sharing of your data for these uses by following the instructions at Marketing Options below.
Residents of other countries
We aim to comply with your local law regarding our use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can instruct us how we can use your personal data for marketing purposes by following the instructions at Marketing Options below.
If you do not want us to use your personal data or share your personal data with Donlen’s parent company, affiliates or business partners for their marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
Alternatively, please complete the My Privacy Choices form at the end of this policy and mail it to us, following the instructions at Contact Us below.
Alternative opportunities to opt-out
Our marketing emails contain an unsubscribe option. If you do not want us to continue to send marketing emails to your email address, click on ‘unsubscribe‘ and we will not send further marketing emails to that address, although you may still receive emails at other addresses for which you have not unsubscribed. If you subsequently wish to override your choice to unsubscribe, you will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important points to note
Please note the following points about the marketing choices you make:
- If you change your marketing choices, we will observe your most recent choice. Although we aim to process your choices promptly, you may still receive marketing communications prepared before we received your request to unsubscribe;
- If you change your address, we will continue to follow your directions for your most recent address provided from your ‘unsubscribe’ click noted above, or the My Privacy Choices form you completed that is associated with you. In order for us to continue to follow your directions at a new address, you will need to contact us at email@example.com or complete another My Privacy Choices form with your updated information and provide it to us with your changed contact information; and
- If you choose not to receive marketing messages from us, you may not be able to receive certain benefits in connection with our services. You will, however, continue to receive updates and information on the services we are providing to you.
We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection and use of your personal data. If you have additional questions or want to contact us for a specific purpose, please select from the following:
Access/Corrections: Please send any request to access, amend or delete certain personal data we hold about you to the most convenient contact address or phone number below.
General questions: You should send any questions you may have about this policy to the most convenient contact address or phone number below. If you feel our response is not satisfactory, we will refer you to a neutral and independent dispute resolution organization.
Marketing: Send a completed My Privacy Choices form (at the end of the policy) to the most convenient contact address or phone number below. We aim to process your choices promptly on receipt, but you should please allow a number of days for your choices to become effective.
Security: If you have reason to believe that the personal data we hold about you is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by either clicking “Contact Us” on any page of www.donlen.com or calling us at 847-714-1400.
Contact addresses/phone number:
• Physical Address: Donlen Corporation, 3000 Lakeside Dr., 2nd Floor, Bannockburn, IL 60015.
• Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Phone number: 847-714-1400.
My Privacy Choices
If you so elect, you may complete this form and send it to us by following the instructions at Contact Us above.
|Zip/Post code: ……………………………………………
|Email Address: ……………………………………………
A. Please send me marketing offers and materials from Donlen Corporation:
B. Please share my personal data with Donlen Corporation’s parent company, affiliates and business partners for their marketing purposes: